Sunday was Jenee's commencement ceremony. It was a beautiful, perfect day. We were so proud of Jenee and her classmates. It was especially nice to see a couple of Jenee's friends on stage as Valedictorian and Salutatorian.
This graduation was not a screeching halt of events. They all seemed to rather glide, leaving a trail. Her last piano recital was in April followed by Senior recognition at the Math Science Center. Later there was Senior recognition at her home school, her last piano lesson, last track meet, prom, then her last day of school. All of it faded together. She took a few days off and then began her full time summer job. All the endings meeting new beginnings.
Many people have asked if time has gone fast. Sometimes it feels like it, but really it feels right. I can feel the need to let go more. I also know that home is not the only safe place for her. I can feel it is her time to figure things out and make decisions for herself. So commencement was not an end to her high school years as much as a bridging to a new phase in life that I am excited to be witness to.
I am not going to slip in to sappy thoughts and tears just yet. I think I'll save that for August when we send her to Western Mitten. Right now lets just enjoy all of the new, wonderful things happening in her life.
Congratulations, Mija!
No comments:
Post a Comment